Effective approaches, techniques & guidance to overcome eating disorders
C.B.T. – Counseling – Hypnotherapy – Self-Hypnosis – Psychotherapy
Private Consultations – Support Groups
Learn to Develop and Maintain A Healthy Relationship With Your Self, Your Body, Food & Eating
Do you suffer from Obesity? Perhaps you never can really feel satisfied from eating. Do you struggle with issues of body image, self-esteem, relationships, feeling out of control and/or depression?
If you suffer from Obesity, I can help you to:
- Understand what is causing you to be obese.
- Address the issues
- Find solutions to getting your real needs met
- Release yourself from negative patterns
- Create a positive relationship with your self and with eating
You can learn to:
- Stop struggling with food and diets
- Acquire & maintain healthy eating habits … comfortably
- Stop addictive relationships to food and eating
- Understand the real reasons why we eat too much
- Identify the true “relationship” we have to food and eating
- Gain self understanding and self mastery, regarding food, in a loving way
- Utilize the understanding of the process of psycho-neuro-physiology of satiation to reduce food intake
- Identify the secondary gains (the benefits of the problem) of eating and being overweight
- Acquire secondary gains in alternative healthy ways
- Identify what is really lacking emotionally, and fill the emptiness inside – appropriately
- Heal the pain that drives over-eating
- Feel satiated (and even happier) with less food, as you enjoy life more
- Enjoy using meditation, guided imagery, and self-hypnosis to help accomplish goals
- Gain insight into how our unconscious messages and past experiences affect our eating
- Change the negative patterns into positive ones
- Identify the relationships between food and …awareness, respect, self esteem, love, spirituality & intimacy
- Feel better about yourself, as you utilize the new skills that you have learned
Please feel welcome to call me regarding any questions that you may have or to schedule an appointment.
Of course specific results cannot be guaranteed, and vary from client/patient to client/patient. Motivation and positive participation, as well as suggested homework are required of the patient. The work is a partnership between therapist and client/patient.
I want to give my patients the best treatment I can, and create the best treatment strategy for each patient. To do this, it is important for me to have the necessary information regarding their condition, medical history, and past and concurrent treatment, with other health professionals. I, therefore, request consultation with my patients’ medical doctors, when I treat them for medical or psychiatric diagnoses, or at least a copy of their medical report, so that I can offer the best services possible.
At times hypnosis or another modality of therapy is not recommended or appropriate for a particular client/patient. Whether hypnosis or another modality is utilized in the treatment of my client/patient is determined after consultation and evaluation of the client/patient, the specific issues presented the preference of the client/patient, and the client/patient’s medical history.
Regarding hypnotherapy: Hypnotherapy and hypnosis are usually very good treatment interventions. However, hypnosis is contraindicated under certain circumstances. For example, hypnosis is usually contraindicated for individuals who suffer from severe psychiatric disorders, such as psychoses and schizophrenia.
A proper diagnosis and evaluation of each client/patient must be made before hypnosis is utilized. It is only at the request of the client/patient and at the evaluation and discretion of Dr. Sheldon that hypnosis will be utilized.
Often Dr. Sheldon consults with other physicians treating his client/patient as part of the evaluation and the creation of the proper treatment strategies, as well as to ensure that there is safety, harmony, coordination and consistency among the health professionals treating the client/patient and the treatment modalities utilized. Dr. Sheldon will also ask the client/patient to provide information regarding any medications or other drugs taken.
Recording of all sessions and consultations is requested. Recordings are confidential (of course) and are solely for my use only.
All of the above is for the well-being of the client/patient, and to make sure that all work is done with high ethical and professional standards, legally, effectively. I want to give excellent service and wants each of his clients/patients to be as successful as possible.
If you have any questions, please feel welcome to contact me.
Important for you to know
Winning the struggle with eating and food can be achieved relatively easy if you go about the right way.
The way that I will help you will not require a “die-et” – in fact you don’t need to feel that you are giving up anything important.
I will help you to:
1. discover the actual causes of your condition and difficulties
2. Treat and correct the problem at its core
3. Create and implement effective strategies for positive change
In addition, you will gain – self-esteem, self-mastery, increased health, enhanced appearance and extra social benefits.
Learning & Using
Makes it So Much Easier!
When you learn and use self-hypnosis to help you achieve your goals – the process is so much easier, and your experience is positive and enjoyable.
When you know how to use Self-Hypnosis, you gain mastery of your own states of being – physical, cognitive and emotional.
Self-Hypnosis helps you to even more easily get rid of negative habits and patterns, and to learn, and habituate yourself to new, positive, and healthier ones.
Self-Hypnosis is Self-Empowering – and can increase your self-esteem, self-worth, self-image, and improve the quality of your life.
When you are ready, call me, I will teach you how in just a few sessions.
- Binge eating